Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Embed image into post

1. Feb 5, 2015 #1

Maylis

Gold Member

Hello,

Is there a way to embed images into a post that are uploaded from my PC? I know you can embed images if you give the URL, but I would like to be able to embed images that are stored on the computer. If this is not possible, I would make a suggestion that if technically possible, then to make it possible in future updates to the sites.

Since the rules forbid posting images as attachments for the homework question statement, at least I could embed the image into the post itself

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 5, 2015 #2

Borg

Gold Member

Use the Upload a File button on the bottom. Once it's uploaded, you will see it below the post that you're working on. Click the Full Image button and it will display in your post like this:
    borgAvatar.jpg
    Note that if you click the Preview button, you won't see it. It will show up in your post correctly though.

4. Feb 5, 2015 #3

Maylis

Gold Member

Okay got it, thanks

5. Feb 5, 2015 #4

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

We cannot access your computer, if you want to show a picture you have to upload it. The attachments here are the most convenient option.
    That does not make a difference.
    The rules do not forbid to post an attachment - but the attachment should not replace the written problem in the post, it can only help for sketches and so on.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook