1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Schools Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University

1. Aug 11, 2005 #1
    Hey there,

Has anybody here taken or is in the process of taking a course at Embry-Riddle? I'm entering my final year of high school and would like to go into Aerospace engineering, and I hear Embry-Riddle has a great Aerospace program. So if anybody here has more info on the school than CollegeBoard did, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Thanks,
    -Jon

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 16, 2005 #2
    Hope you bring a big bag of money. Are you going to the one in Daytona?

4. Aug 16, 2005 #3
    Well, first I have to apply, get accepted, and decide to go there but yes Daytona is where I'll be applying. Why will I need a big bag of money? Just high tuition or is living there really expensive? I'm going to apply for a scholarship because without one I won't be going.

Did you go to Embry-Riddle?

5. Aug 17, 2005 #4
    Yes, I went there a while. If you are a florida instate the UF is a good school and UCF is not that bad either (growing fast). They offer also mechanical engineering etc. So if you would ever change your mind......

Embry Riddle is about $35.000 or more depending on program. It is very expensive. Living expenses in Daytona are not that bad, especially compared against schools up north.

6. Aug 20, 2005 #5
    I was considering ER for undergrad. I wanted to get a B.Sc in aeronautical engineering and do some flight training with a flight option, then go to Penn State for my masters. However, to do the flight option, you need to major in Air Science. :yuck:

7. Aug 21, 2005 #6
    You can always come to FIT. Good flight program and there is mechanical/aerospace enginnering too. I don't know what the costs are like when compared to ER but it should be around the same.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?