Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Schools Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University

1. Aug 11, 2005 #1
    Hey there,

Has anybody here taken or is in the process of taking a course at Embry-Riddle? I'm entering my final year of high school and would like to go into Aerospace engineering, and I hear Embry-Riddle has a great Aerospace program. So if anybody here has more info on the school than CollegeBoard did, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Thanks,
    -Jon

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 16, 2005 #2
    Hope you bring a big bag of money. Are you going to the one in Daytona?

4. Aug 16, 2005 #3
    Well, first I have to apply, get accepted, and decide to go there but yes Daytona is where I'll be applying. Why will I need a big bag of money? Just high tuition or is living there really expensive? I'm going to apply for a scholarship because without one I won't be going.

Did you go to Embry-Riddle?

5. Aug 17, 2005 #4
    Yes, I went there a while. If you are a florida instate the UF is a good school and UCF is not that bad either (growing fast). They offer also mechanical engineering etc. So if you would ever change your mind......

Embry Riddle is about $35.000 or more depending on program. It is very expensive. Living expenses in Daytona are not that bad, especially compared against schools up north.

6. Aug 20, 2005 #5
    I was considering ER for undergrad. I wanted to get a B.Sc in aeronautical engineering and do some flight training with a flight option, then go to Penn State for my masters. However, to do the flight option, you need to major in Air Science. :yuck:

7. Aug 21, 2005 #6
    You can always come to FIT. Good flight program and there is mechanical/aerospace enginnering too. I don't know what the costs are like when compared to ER but it should be around the same.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook