1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Embry-Riddle. Bad choice?

1. May 30, 2007 #1
    Embry-Riddle. Bad choice??

Hello All. I just finished my senior year of high school and I have sold my soul to Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University for 32,000 a year. Actually I got the cost cut down to about 15 thousand a year but still that's a fortune for my family. (My father makes about 23,000 a year). I am planning on majoring in Engineering Physics or Space Physics. I have made good grades all through high school and have taken AP Calc and Physics Honors and haven't had much trouble. What I'm getting at is I believe I will do well at Embry, but is the education it worth the high tuition?

Thanks for any comments.

2. jcsd
  3. May 31, 2007 #2
    I can't comment on the education from first had experience, but everyone I know that went there has been very bright and done very well for them selves.

I work in aerospace so I have had the chance to run into these people. In particular I know of people from Embry-Riddle working at places of interest like RocketPlane and Zero-G. Also check out Yuri's Night it was founded by Embry-Riddle grads, and I know if you email them they will talk to you about it. Check on the Yuri's Night website for email to Lori or Tim, both are out going and easy to talk with; I've always enjoyed talking with them.

CraigD, AMInstP
    www.cymek.com

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?