1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

EMC career guide

1. Jun 6, 2014 #1
    Dear members

I need guidance, advice greatly appreciated. Idid bachelor in physics and MS in nuclear Engg. Then have experience in EMC/EMI which lacks DO-160 experience and some other standards being used in USA. Now I am settled in US
    How Can I make my EMC experience applicable to US by some extra certificate or Master. I am also interested in programming or there is is any programmin certificates with which I can help me apply to EMC jobs and use my experience also.

Thanks please advise me what should i do.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 7, 2014 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

I'm not familiar with DO-160. What is it applicable to?

I work mostly with the EN- standards (they tend to be world-wide standards), applicable to Information Technology Equipment (ITE).

Having a good RF background is really key in EMC work, both for solving EMI problems, and for understanding how to design products to be able to handle electrical transients.

4. Jun 10, 2014 #3
    Emc

DO-160 IS a standard for airborne objects

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2014
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook