1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Emergency Hw Help

1. Oct 25, 2007 #1
    algebra 2 linear programming: HEEEEELP PLZ!!

i dont get it...i cant try because i dont understand. dont try to guide me through. i'll ask my teacher tomorrow. all i need right now, plz, is jus for you to Give constraints and a system of inequalities for the following:

Sports on Wheels produces skateboards and roller blades. Producing a skateboard requires 4 hours on machine A and 2 hours on machine B. Producing a pair of roller blades requires 6 hours on machine A, 6 hours on machine B, and 1 hour on machine C. Machine A is available 120 hours per week, macine B is available 72 hours per week, and machine C is available 10 hours per week. If the company profits $33 on each skateboard and $22 on each pair of roller blades, how many of each should be produced to maximize the company's profit?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 25, 2007 #2
    hey! plz help me!!

4. Oct 25, 2007 #3
    [tex]S = 4 \gamma + 2 \epsilon[/tex]
    [tex]R = 6 \gamma + 6 \epsilon + \kappa[/tex]

[tex]24*7 = 120\gamma + 72 \epsilon + 10 \kappa[/tex]

[tex]S_m = 33[/tex]
    [tex]R_m = 22[/tex]

Hmm, I guess that is all you really asked for. Why is this physics though?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  5. Oct 25, 2007 #4
    exactly, what's physics in it?

6. Oct 25, 2007 #5
    I tried to make it more physics like by using physics constants, and by leaving out a piece of information needed to piece it all together (a must have in almost all physics problems). Economics turned physics, yes!

7. Oct 25, 2007 #6
    mindscrape u helped me well but i cant read the 1st reply u put in this post. can u type it so i cud read it better plz?

thank u.

8. Oct 25, 2007 #7
    Hey man, I'm sorry, but there are super strict rules against giving away answers, and you have made it clear that is the only thing you want. I gave the answer in a funky form. I'll give you a further hint that you want to use that Rm and Sm I gave as

[tex]M = S*S_m + R*R_m = S*33 + R*22[/tex]

The M is the maximizer, the money maker. If it makes you feel better, this is not an easy problem, and it made me think.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?