EMF wave are form due to changing of current which result in electric

In summary: Planck's constant. so basically the energy in a photon is related to the frequency and the wavelength of the radiation.
ArielGenesis
i once read a book which says that EMF wave are form due to changing of current which result in electric fields and result in changing magnetic field and repeated in infinite loop :smile:

i also heard that visible light (which is also a EMF radiation) is produced due to the changing orbit of electron which result in releasing photon.

at school, they taught me that when there is a decay, gamma ray is produced. and gamma rays is also a rays of photon.

and i also hear much more of producing photon or EMF wave.

btw: i don't know wether the correct spelling is photon or foton.
thx.

Physics news on Phys.org
and my question is which one working, why they do and why the rest dont.
again thx.

The Electromagnetic Spectrum is a description of Electromagnetic waves that have wavelengths several kilometers long (Radio Waves) down to ones unimaginably small (Gamma radiation). The shorter the wavelength (ie higher the frequency), the higher the energy (E=hf)

This spectrum of waves exhibits both wave like and particle like behaviour. The fact that energy seems to come in small energy 'packets' or quanta, led to the idea of photons - small 'packets' of electromagnetic energy, that can behave like waves or like particles.

These electromagnetic waves can indeed be generated by an oscillating current - this is how radio waves are transmitted.

When electrons drop down from a higher energy level to a lower one inside an atom, they emit this energy as a photon. For example, an electron dropping down from the second shell to the lowest one in a hydrogen atom will emit an Ultra Violet photon.

Last edited:
and so how the quanta is related to the wavelenght

you have the [tex]E = hf [/tex] and [tex]c = f\lambda[/tex] where c is the speed of light in the thingy.

Related to EMF wave are form due to changing of current which result in electric

1. What is an EMF wave?

An EMF wave, or electromagnetic wave, is a form of energy that is created by the movement of electrically charged particles, such as electrons. It is a type of wave that is characterized by electric and magnetic fields oscillating at right angles to each other and perpendicular to the direction of the wave's propagation.

2. How is an EMF wave formed?

An EMF wave is formed when there is a changing electric current. This can occur when an electric charge is accelerated or decelerated, or when a current flows through a conductor. As the current changes, it creates a disturbance in the electric and magnetic fields, resulting in the propagation of an EMF wave.

3. What is the relationship between EMF waves and electricity?

EMF waves and electricity are closely related because EMF waves are formed due to the changing of electric current. In other words, electricity is the cause of EMF waves. Additionally, EMF waves can be used to generate electricity by inducing a current in a conductor.

4. Is exposure to EMF waves harmful?

There is currently no scientific evidence that exposure to EMF waves from everyday sources, such as power lines and household appliances, is harmful to human health. However, there are ongoing studies and debates about potential health effects from long-term exposure to certain types of EMF waves, such as those from high-voltage power lines or cell phone towers.

5. How can we protect ourselves from EMF waves?

To reduce exposure to EMF waves, it is recommended to limit the use of electronic devices and maintain a safe distance from high-voltage power lines and other potential sources of high-intensity EMF waves. It is also important to follow safety guidelines and regulations for the use of electronic devices and equipment in the workplace.