Encrypting sequential circuit

• Engineering
  • Thread starter jason1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Circuit
In summary, to make the circuit continuously check for specific patterns and change the output accordingly, a feedback loop using JK flip flops can be used.
jason1
I'm new, forgive me.

Homework Statement

The transmitter has one input (X) on which information bits are fed to the unit. It has one output (Z) on which the encrypted bit stream appears.
Operation:
(a) Initially the output Z is equal to the value of the input bit.
(b) After the pattern 111 occurs in the input, the output becomes equal to the complement of the input bit until the pattern 000 occurs.
(c) Once the pattern 000 occurs in the input, the output becomes equal to the input bit until the pattern 111 occurs.

(b) and (c) continue for as long as bits are received.

Example:
X = 0 1 1 0 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 0
Z = 0 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1

I need to make a moore circuit using JK flip flops

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I can't figure out how I'm supposed to make b and c continue for as long as bits are received...

Physics news on Phys.org

Hello and welcome! No need to ask for forgiveness, we all start somewhere. It seems like you are working on a circuit that encrypts a bit stream based on specific patterns in the input. To make (b) and (c) continue for as long as bits are received, you will need to use a feedback loop in your circuit. This means that the output of the circuit will also be fed back into the input, creating a loop. This will allow the circuit to continuously check for the patterns and change the output accordingly. I suggest looking into using a series of JK flip flops connected in a feedback loop to achieve this. I hope this helps and good luck with your circuit!

1. What is an encrypting sequential circuit?

An encrypting sequential circuit is a type of electronic circuit that is designed to encrypt data in a sequential manner. It is used to secure sensitive information by converting it into a code that can only be decrypted with a specific key.

2. How does an encrypting sequential circuit work?

An encrypting sequential circuit works by taking input data and using a series of logic gates and flip-flops to manipulate and transform the data into an encrypted form. The encrypted data is then stored in a sequential manner and can only be accessed with the correct key.

3. What makes an encrypting sequential circuit more secure than other encryption methods?

An encrypting sequential circuit is more secure than other encryption methods because it uses a combination of logic gates, flip-flops, and sequential storage to encrypt the data in a sequential manner. This makes it difficult for hackers to decrypt the data without the correct key.

4. What are some common applications of encrypting sequential circuits?

Encrypting sequential circuits are commonly used in electronic devices such as computers, smartphones, and other digital devices to secure sensitive data such as passwords, credit card numbers, and personal information. They are also used in secure communication systems, such as online banking and military communication systems.

5. How can one ensure the security of an encrypting sequential circuit?

To ensure the security of an encrypting sequential circuit, it is important to use a strong encryption algorithm and a secure key. It is also essential to regularly update and test the circuit to identify any vulnerabilities and address them promptly. Additionally, physical security measures should be taken to protect the circuit from potential attacks.