1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

End of apprenticeship help

1. Jul 13, 2015 #1
    Hi there

Basically I'm at the end of a apprenticeship in manufacturing engineering with practical experience on lathes and milling machines etc ..

Im currently deciding what to do next . I'm thinking that I could go to university full time to study mechanical engineering, I have been accepted to a few!

Just wondered what people's thoughts were on giving up a job as a CNC setter to go back to uni has anyone done this ? Is this the easiest route to become an engineer now ?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 13, 2015 #2
    Depends on a lot of factors: age, marital status, kids, finances, personal goals, career goals, etc.

I'd say that if you are single, if you are motivated, if you enjoy math, and if you have the means to study engineering, you should do it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook