Cyclic Forces in the Solar System & Zodiac

In summary, the conversation discusses various forces that act on Earth, including gravitational forces from the Sun and Moon, tidal forces, and other forces in the universe. The person asking the questions is looking for a list of all the forces that interact with Earth and their cycles. However, the other person points out that this is a vague and ill-formed question and suggests looking into the Theory of Everything for more information. They also mention the alpha constant as an example of a consistent force in the universe.
mreq
Hy. From what it is known today, are there any forces that go up and down in cycles ? This regarding planet earth. I talk about whatever forces in the solar system and zodiac. Something like a few days or weeks up then down, then up then down etc.
Thanks!

Astronomy news on Phys.org
mreq said:
Hy. From what it is known today, are there any forces that go up and down in cycles ? This regarding planet earth. I talk about whatever forces in the solar system and zodiac. Something like a few days or weeks up then down, then up then down etc.
Thanks!

Because the orbit of the Earth around the Sun is elliptical (the radius varies), the gravitational attractive force between the Sun and Earth varies throughout the year. Is that what you mean?

Last edited:
Tidal forces, as well.

berkeman said:
Because the orbit of the Earth around the Sun is elliptical (the radius varies), the gravitational attractive force between the Sun and Earth varies throughout the year. Is that what you mean?

And this force is a cycle of about two weeks up and two weeks down ?
Thanks!

mreq said:
And this force is a cycle of about two weeks up and two weeks down ?
Thanks!

No. He said "over the course of a year", not "over a course of four weeks".

Now the Moon orbits in just a little under 4 weeks, and it also has an eccentric orbit, so its tidal effects will vary slightly over that time. But at this point, I have to ask: Why do you ask? What exactly are you looking for?

I'm looking if there is some cycles of forces that interract with Earth ?

Last edited:
mreq said:
I want to know all the cycles of forces !

Why don't you list everything you can think of first, and then we'll let you know if you've left anything out.

I don't know.

mreq said:
I'm looking if there is some cycles of forces that interract with Earth ?

That's too vague. For what reason do you want this information? What do you expect to learn from it? I mean, technically, everything in the universe exerts some force on the Earth. It's just that for the vast majority it is negligible for all practical purposes.

Janus said:
That's too vague. For what reason do you want this information? What do you expect to learn from it? I mean, technically, everything in the universe exerts some force on the Earth. It's just that for the vast majority it is negligible for all practical purposes.

I feel something but i don't know what. It will be ok to tell me waht you know or to point me where to look.
Thanks!

We do know with a fair degree of certainty most of the forces in universe have been remarkably consistant for billions of years. See, for example, the alpha constant.

I didn't knew about the alpha constant. I'm gona read more about it.
What else there is ?
Thanks!

Hmm. There's not something else ?

Sorry, but vague/ill-formed questions tend not to get a lot of responses because there really isn't anything to respond to. You'll need to ask better questions to get more/better responses.

If i take a piece of paper and i want to write everything that's "in the air". What that would be ? gravitation, radiation, rays ...
What else ?

mreq said:
If i take a piece of paper and i want to write everything that's "in the air". What that would be ? gravitation, radiation, rays ...
What else ?

Here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_everything

Be sure to follow each of the links at the bottom of that page also.

Is the sun rotation an energy cycle ?

Like Russ said:

Sorry, but vague/ill-formed questions tend not to get a lot of responses because there really isn't anything to respond to. You'll need to ask better questions to get more/better responses.

1. What are cyclic forces in the solar system and zodiac?

Cyclic forces in the solar system and zodiac refer to the recurring patterns and movements of celestial bodies, such as planets and stars, that occur in a cyclical manner. These forces play a significant role in shaping the structure and behavior of our solar system and zodiac.

2. How do cyclic forces influence the solar system and zodiac?

Cyclic forces can influence the solar system and zodiac in various ways. For example, the gravitational pull of the sun and planets can cause the cyclical orbits and rotations of celestial bodies. Additionally, the alignment of these bodies can create specific patterns and cycles that impact the Earth's climate and other natural phenomena.

3. What is the significance of studying cyclic forces in the solar system and zodiac?

Studying cyclic forces in the solar system and zodiac is crucial for understanding the complex dynamics and mechanics of our universe. This knowledge can also help us predict and prepare for natural phenomena, such as eclipses and planetary alignments. Furthermore, it can provide insights into the origins and evolution of our solar system and zodiac.

4. How do scientists study cyclic forces in the solar system and zodiac?

Scientists study cyclic forces in the solar system and zodiac through various methods, such as observation, mathematical modeling, and data analysis. They use tools like telescopes, satellites, and computer simulations to gather and analyze data on the movement and behavior of celestial bodies. They also collaborate with other scientists and share information to deepen our understanding of cyclic forces.

5. What are some examples of cyclic forces in the solar system and zodiac?

Some examples of cyclic forces in the solar system and zodiac include the Earth's rotation around the sun, the moon's phases, the changing of the seasons, and the alignment of planets in our solar system. These forces also play a role in the zodiac, with the cycles of the sun and moon influencing astrological phenomena like zodiac signs and horoscopes.