1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Energy Storage in Flywheels

1. Apr 16, 2014 #1
    Energy Storage in Flywheels:

I am searching for resources on couple of topics 1) Types of frictions in energy storage flywheels -aerodynamic, rotational ... etc. and 2) Motor/Generator selection for energy storage flywheels.
    Any links or references will be appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 16, 2014 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

What have you found so far? Is this for a schoolwork project? What is the context of your question?

4. Apr 16, 2014 #3
    It's a schoolwork project of a Storage Device Systems class. I have to prepare a paper and a 15 min presentation on one of these energy storage topics. My search yielded few sites that touch on the subject without going deep into details. Maybe the only abundant topic is the magnetic bearings versus other kinds.

5. Apr 17, 2014 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Check out the Related Links at the bottom of this page for more PF threads on flywheels. There was one in particular that was pretty long, and addressed a number of practical considerations of flywheel energy storage. Maybe try a PF forum search to help you find that thread. :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted