Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Energy that could revolutionise the world

1. Jun 3, 2005 #1

siddharth

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

This was an article which was published in the Science and Technology column of a National Newspaper in my country. I don't understand a word of it and i think it is wrong. What do you think of it?

" Scientists are finally finding clues to the unlimited source of alternate energy. It is not hydrogen, not solar, not nuclear and not something that you hear from alternate energy source specailists. It is something that runs the universe, causes gravitation and so on. It is the continous generation and emmision of electromagnetic waves that requires continous supply of energy. And the galaxies supply that energy all the time. If this energy can be captured and used, it will solve our energy needs forever.

The energy is all around us. We just need to learn to capture and use it. The energy source is the galactic bodies all around the universe. However, the conversion of planetary bodies into pure energy is an inevitable event at the inner region of galatic spiral, because sooner or later masses travelling closer and closer with increasing gravitation and acceleration towards each other must crash together. Only in the galactic center, they will be ground, milled as well, until all atomic binding energies, ie, Strong and Weak forces are completly released or decoupled from atomic bondage.

Spiralling pure energy flux through the angular divisions of force field symmetry from the outer region of galactic fields towards the inner center, therefore, generates a seamless spectrum of energy waves. And because there is a continous conversion of galactic mass to energy, this is the enormus steady force that repel the galaxies to recede from each other, a phenomenon called the expansion of the universe. Scientists and Engineers are working on harnessing this energy that will solve the alternate energy needs forever. It will also make bending space and time. Interestingly, with a proper breakthrough it may move our human civilisation by thousands of years." - India Daily Technology Team

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 3, 2005 #2
    Right. :rofl:

4. Jun 3, 2005 #3

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

siddharth,

I hope that was not from the Hindu (S&T). It is at the very least, an extremely poorly written science article. More accurately, it is vague, imprecise and unphysical at several points.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2005
  5. Jun 3, 2005 #4
    Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like India Daily is

1) Just a website, rather than a printed newspaper
    2) Based in New Jersey

6. Jun 3, 2005 #5

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

That's some powerful mojo working there. :bugeye:

7. Jun 3, 2005 #6

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Sounds like someone is writing about a dream they had last night.

8. Jun 3, 2005 #7

siddharth

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

The article was published in the supplement of the Indian Express newspaper, Education Express. In fact, they even put a picture with the article.

Attached Files:

9. Jun 3, 2005 #8

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

I was waiting for this part in the story:

10. Jun 3, 2005 #9

Pengwuino

Gold Member

From the looks of other peopels reaction on this board... indian children are in trouble lol.

11. Jun 3, 2005 #10

siddharth

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I got it!

The article was copied from the india daily site that chronon mentioned. Apart from this one there are a lot of other such articles (antigravity, time machines ,etc).

Its unbelievable how the editorial team let that article get published. Even a school kid like me was able to spot that. The pity is, even if a write a letter to the editor, it will most probably be ignored. And because the word "Scientist" was mentioned, many people will belive it.

12. Jun 3, 2005 #11

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

The effect of a pretty, colored computer image is also the first thing people will put into a presentation of any kind in an effort to give something that look of being techie.

13. Jun 3, 2005 #12

Danger

Gold Member

I was going to ask if it was the April 1 edition until you said that.

14. Jun 4, 2005 #13

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Huh...with the Indian Express, I'm not surprised ! :rolleyes: But please do write them a strongly worded letter complaining about the utter rot they are trying to palm off as science and the kind of damage this could possibly do.

15. Jun 5, 2005 #14
    I still see lot many people interested in reading Atlas Shrugged and yet to find out the kind of damage we speak about.

16. Jun 5, 2005 #15

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How is this pertinent to the discussion here ?

17. Jun 6, 2005 #16
    ...in a sense that PMMs(and snake oil) have been amazing and fooling people for ages in all geographies and the impact on majority of people is insignificant. It may be oxymoron to say that the quite complex theories of construction of such machines give a superficial easy kind of perception to common folks. But the time tested ones will last longer and others fade away.

I strongly feel that, it is too quick to deduce the scientific strength of a nation based on a stupid(?) article appeared in a news paper and the apprehensions are superfluous.

I hope I am not playing devil's advocate here. My intention is not to support the theory in OP's post but just to clear the subsequent comments.

Regards,

18. Jun 6, 2005 #17

A few years back I read in an official science reference book that in order to work out resistance we have to take into account the affects of gravity.

I found this book not in the archives of Bollywood but in the central reference library of Manchester England England.

eric

Edit: This article was about electrical resistance.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2005
  19. Jun 9, 2005 #18
    Sounds like ZPE to me. Where since you know that matter is made of in part of electrons that radiate energy as a function of normal mode harmonic oscillation (a moving charge) you see a potential for a very large electrical field sum that would according to a part of Maxwells equations involve such fields to exsist at very large distances from the source (inversely as the square root of the first power of distance) and hence an abundance of "excess" electrical energy in the vacumm of space at almost any point in space. The link to gravitation is ... there, somewhere.. oh yes ;o

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?