1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Energy Transfer Please Help

1. Feb 26, 2007 #1
    The problem statement
    Refrigerant- 134a enters the compressor of a refrigeration system as saturated vapor at 0.14 MPa, and leaves as superheated vapor at 0.8 MPa and 50C at a rate of 0.04 kg/s. Determine the rate of energy transfers by mass into and out of the compressor. Assume the kinetic and potential energies to be neglected.

I know that the rate of mass in is equal to the rate of mass out and I'm assuming that I only need to find the internal energ u. But I'm not really sure at all to be honest. I have my textbook with all the formulas but I dont know what to apply when or how. Could someone please help me. :confused:
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 26, 2007 #2
    i think u should take a shot urself first, and show it. i dont know exactly if i'm allowed to help u just like that.
  4. Feb 27, 2007 #3
    Apply conservation of mass and conservation of energy.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?