Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Eng/Phys educational videos

1. Jan 15, 2009 #1
    Does anyone know of a good science/engineering series, exploring a broad range of topics.

Essentially I'm searching for Bill Nye for undergraduate/graduate students.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 15, 2009 #2
    I don't know if this qualifies, but I have a video that your students may enjoy and learn from. It's called "Falling Bodies" and depicts Aristotle and Galileo trying to figure out why things fall. It's done in play form with a comedic twist. There is an accompanying experiment that recreates Galileo's experiment to prove that all objects fall at the same rate. PM me if you are interested. The video is free and part of an outreach program. While originally intended for middle school kids, it has seen more success at the high school and college levels.

4. Jan 16, 2009 #3

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I enjoy watching
    http://web.mit.edu/physics/people/faculty/lewin_walter.html
    ..especially the demonstrations.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2010
  5. Jan 16, 2009 #4

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

6. Jan 16, 2009 #5
    Thanks for all the replies.

I should note, to clear up confusion, I am not actually a teacher! Just an undergrad mechanical engineering student.

7. Jan 16, 2009 #6

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

8. Mar 6, 2009 #7
    Try also my site (I'm a teacher): a collection of YouTube videos selected for their educational value. Walter Lewin lessons and demostrations are also present.

http://physics.andreadecapoa.net

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted