Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Eng work experience

1. Oct 15, 2006 #1
    i've finally decided to pursue a course in civil/environmental engineering at uni, but cos of my late decision i have no work experience or any for that matter with the subject. would this sort of lesson my prospects of getting in?????????
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 15, 2006 #2

Gold Member

I really don't know anything about that, but I have a suggestion. This, of course, depends upon what sort of community you live in. Your ID space doesn't show where you live, so I don't even know what hemisphere you're in. Anyhow, if it's a practical endeavour where you live, I would recommend that you become friendly with the local Public Works staff. One of them might let you tag along on a few projects, and maybe give you explanations of the things that they're doing.
  4. Oct 15, 2006 #3

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes it would reduce your prospects of getting in, but not necessarily eliminate them. Don't underestimate the value of just a few weeks' work experience.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?