1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Eng work experience

1. Oct 15, 2006 #1
    i've finally decided to pursue a course in civil/environmental engineering at uni, but cos of my late decision i have no work experience or any for that matter with the subject. would this sort of lesson my prospects of getting in?????????

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 15, 2006 #2

Danger

Gold Member

I really don't know anything about that, but I have a suggestion. This, of course, depends upon what sort of community you live in. Your ID space doesn't show where you live, so I don't even know what hemisphere you're in. Anyhow, if it's a practical endeavour where you live, I would recommend that you become friendly with the local Public Works staff. One of them might let you tag along on a few projects, and maybe give you explanations of the things that they're doing.

4. Oct 15, 2006 #3

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes it would reduce your prospects of getting in, but not necessarily eliminate them. Don't underestimate the value of just a few weeks' work experience.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook