Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engg Mechanics

1. Jul 10, 2010 #1
    Plz recommend me a very good book for Engineering Mechanics

Plz..atleast reply guys..I know such question "generally" get no replies..I want "ur recommended best book=ur view"...not "the best book"
    Thanks for Visiting the thrd
    Bye

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 11, 2010 #2
    hey...I don't see why does this happen to every thread of this kind...huh????????
    Plz reply... :smile:

4. Jul 20, 2010 #3
    If you are more specific, i'm sure you will get some replies.

5. Jul 20, 2010 #4
    ok...Thanks

I want a good book for "Engineering Mechanics" the one which explains everything to damn detailed levels...
    Problems is not an issue..I want the subject matter(theory) to be great great details......
    Thats all..hope this was specific....if not plz take the effort to tell me..what more specifications I should post(I think I had the only specification I posted in this post)..:smile
    Thanks..

6. Jul 20, 2010 #5
    But there is no such book, the closest you wil get are the Handbooks, and they have to be very straightforward due to book size limits. The biggest I own is about 3000 pages, full of quick reference tables.

You may try the "Machinery's Handbook":

http://books.google.com.br/books?id...6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=machinery handbook&f=false

Or, perhaps, the "Mechanical Engineer's Handbook" will suit you best, but don't expect in depth theory:

http://books.google.com.br/books?id...&resnum=1&ved=0CC0Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

7. Jul 22, 2010 #6
    hey thaks..but friend I was talikng of "Newtonian Mechanics" (in depth treatment)=> that engg mechanics

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  8. Jul 22, 2010 #7
    Now you are being specific.
    I'm sure you will get replies from the physicists in this forum, if you direct your thread to them.

9. Jul 28, 2010 #8
    Hard to say without knowing anything about you & what you know already, but here's a list in roughly ascending order:

An introduction to mechanics, Kleppner, Daniel
    The Feynman Lectures on Physics, esp volume 1, Feynman, Richard P.
    Principles of dynamics, Donald T. Greenwood
    Classical mechanics, Goldstein, Herbert

These are just a few 'classics' there are many other good books. search amazon "classical mechanics" and/or "dynamics" for more with reviews
    Good Luck

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook