Can I get a CAD model of a Honda CRF450 engine for my sports bike design?

• Thread starter 888eddy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Engine
In summary, the person is looking for a CAD model of a Honda CRF450 engine or a technical drawing with mounting points as they are designing a sports bike with the engine. They hope to have the engine soon for measurements, but having the CAD model or technical drawing would speed up the process. However, it may not be available unless they are an official customer of the engine manufacturer or can obtain the drawings from Honda.
888eddy
does anyone know where or how i can get hold of a CAD model of a honda crf450 engine? if not then an technical drawing showing all the mounting points. I am in the process of designing my own sports bike with a crf450 engine in it. i should have an engine to get measurements from soon but it would speed things up a bit if i had a technical drawings or preferably an accurate CAD model.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Unless you can get the drawings from Honda, you'll probably have to wait till you have the engine in-hand.

Engine manufacturers will provide CAD models showing all external geometry to any official customers.

1. What is an engine technical drawing?

An engine technical drawing is a detailed and accurate representation of an engine's design, including all of its components and their dimensions. It is used to communicate the specifications and manufacturing instructions for an engine.

2. What information is typically included in an engine technical drawing?

An engine technical drawing typically includes the overall dimensions of the engine, as well as the dimensions and specifications for each individual component, such as pistons, cylinders, valves, and bearings. It may also include notes, tolerances, and materials used.

3. How are engine technical drawings created?

Engine technical drawings are created using specialized software, such as computer-aided design (CAD) programs. These programs allow engineers to create precise and detailed drawings, which can then be used for manufacturing purposes.

4. Why are engine technical drawings important?

Engine technical drawings are important because they provide a visual representation of an engine's design and specifications. This allows for accurate communication between engineers, manufacturers, and other stakeholders involved in the production process. It also ensures consistency and quality control in the manufacturing process.

5. Are engine technical drawings standardized?

Yes, there are international standards for creating engine technical drawings, such as ISO and ASME standards. These standards ensure that technical drawings are consistent and easily understood by engineers and manufacturers worldwide.