Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engine without Fuel

1. Dec 22, 2014 #1
    Dear Friends

I would like to know if there is any possibilities of running an engine without fuel?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 22, 2014 #2
    That really depends on how you define "fuel" for example any source of energy could be called the fuel, also you may want to take a look at electric cars which don't require conventional fuel. Also a future possibility that may interest you is solar cars which convert sunlight into energy that is used as the cars fuel, however i believe that they may only use the solar as a supplementary source of energy.

4. Dec 22, 2014 #3

NascentOxygen

Staff: Mentor

Hi JANA91. http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5725/red5e5etimes5e5e45e5e25.gif [Broken]

That would be a question to post in the General Physics forum. I'll watch for the discussion there. :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  5. Dec 22, 2014 #4

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Your question is vague, but it appears that you are asking if there is a possibility of an engine running without any power source. No.

6. Dec 22, 2014 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Welcome Jana91. Please notice that this forum is for introductions only, questions need to be asked in the proper forum as NascentOxygen advised.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook