1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineer with dreams of physics

1. Dec 21, 2014 #1
    i was pressured into engineering, and not allowed to pursue physics. I see that every year (or even semester) that passes by, i am missing out on my dream. I wish to be a physicist, and even if it will mean that i will have to study it all myself. I just want you to recommend some self study books to get me started with physics and the necessary mathematics.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 21, 2014 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Why not visit the Physics department and ask the staff or faculty about the Physics program. Much of the mathematics in engineering should be the same as physics - at least, that was my experience. Many engineering students take the same introductory mathematics and physics courses as physics majors. One should be able to look at the Physics curriculum and find syllabi for the courses, or the syllabi should be online.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook