Drawing a Sieve Isometrically - Tips & Tricks

In summary, the conversation is about drawing a sieve isometrically. The person is looking for a way to draw a simple mesh sieve isometrically but is having trouble finding a solution. They ask for a link or tip to help them with the drawing. The other person asks for more details, such as the desired shape and available CAD packages. They also mention the option of doing an artistic rendering or a manufacturing drawing. In the end, it is suggested that for a manufacturing drawing, only the front view is necessary, showing a circle and details of the mesh and edges if necessary.
Bob Ho
Hi, Id like to figure out how to draw a sieve isometrically. Just a simple mesh sieve would be fine.. No Matter which way I look at it.. I cannot seem to find a way to draw it isometrically, would anyone be able to provide me a link or a useful tip to help me draw it thanks?

Physics news on Phys.org
Is there a specific shape you have in mind? A flat, round sieve is easy, but there's no particular reason to draw it isometrically. What CAD packages do you have available? Are you looking for an artistic rendering or a manufacturing drawing?

TVP45 said:
Is there a specific shape you have in mind? A flat, round sieve is easy, but there's no particular reason to draw it isometrically. What CAD packages do you have available? Are you looking for an artistic rendering or a manufacturing drawing?
Just a simple flat round sieve is suitable.. I am doing manufacturing drawing, I may just do orthographical drawings for the sieve, Is that suitable do you reckon?

Bob Ho said:
Just a simple flat round sieve is suitable.. I am doing manufacturing drawing, I may just do orthographical drawings for the sieve, Is that suitable do you reckon?

If you're just looking for a manufacturing drawing, the only orthographic view of interest is the front view. And, you need only show a circle, with a detail(s) leading off to show the actual mesh and/or the edge finishing. If you're using a standard off-the-shelf mesh, and you have raw edges, you need only the circle.

1. How do you draw a sieve isometrically?

To draw a sieve isometrically, you will need a pencil, ruler, protractor, and paper. Start by drawing a horizontal line, which will be the base of the sieve. Then, draw two vertical lines on either end of the base, creating a rectangle. Next, draw two diagonal lines from each corner of the rectangle to the center of the base, creating a pointed top. Finally, use your ruler to draw evenly spaced horizontal and vertical lines within the rectangle to create the mesh of the sieve.

2. What is the purpose of drawing a sieve isometrically?

The purpose of drawing a sieve isometrically is to create a three-dimensional representation of a sieve, which allows for a more accurate and detailed understanding of its structure and design. This can be helpful in fields such as engineering and architecture, where precise measurements and visualizations are important.

3. Can I use any type of paper to draw a sieve isometrically?

Yes, you can use any type of paper to draw a sieve isometrically. However, it is recommended to use graph paper or isometric paper, as this will make it easier to create the evenly spaced mesh of the sieve.

4. Are there any tips for drawing a sieve isometrically accurately?

One helpful tip is to use a protractor to ensure that your diagonal lines are at a 120-degree angle from the base of the sieve. Additionally, using a ruler to create evenly spaced lines within the rectangle will help to create a more precise mesh. It may also be helpful to lightly sketch the lines before going over them with a pen or marker for a cleaner final drawing.

5. Are there any tricks to make drawing a sieve isometrically easier?

One trick is to use a 3D drawing tool, such as a T-square or drafting triangle, to create the angled lines for the pointed top of the sieve. This can help to ensure that the lines are accurately and evenly spaced. Additionally, using a reference image or template can make the drawing process faster and easier.