1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering + Earth Science?

1. Aug 20, 2011 #1
    Hello, I'm a college student interested in the field of engineering. So it's the time of the year again to select courses, and I happened to come across an Earth Science class that seemed interesting. However, I also don't want to waste my time and effort in some class that isn't too useful to my field, which is engineering (hasn't decided which engineering, but more towards non-bio e or chem-e, kinda inclined towards either mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or engineering sciences), and I was wondering whether Earth science is related to the field of my interest.
    P.S.: Would earth Science be tied to alternative energy or robotics?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 20, 2011 #2
    no earth science would be a waste of time for you. Now if you had to pick earth science from a selection of electives then I would say go for it, but don't take extra classes that don't involve your major.........unless you have a lot of time to kill.

from what i've seen earth science would benefit electrical or mechanical programs zero percent.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook