1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Internship Search Questions

1. Nov 22, 2011 #1
    I am trying to find an Internship for the spring semester b/c I have a light course load. I have a few questions.

1.) Is there a difference between emailing resumes and cover letters as opposed to sending paper copies. Is one better than the other.

2.) Say I send a resume and cover letter to a company and after a week or two hear nothing from them. Should I make a follow up phone call. How should said phone call go.

3.) I have looked at a bunch of examples and had the careear people at my school look at my cover letter. I just want your guys opinions. What are the main points employers are looking for in a cover letter.

Please answer any / all of my questions. This is my first time doing any of this so I am trying to get a good idea of how to approach this. Thanks

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted