Where Can I Find Engineering Exam Questions Online?

In summary, the conversation discusses finding engineering exam questions online and solving equations involving sum series. They suggest checking out http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/ for tests and using a closed expression to solve the equations.
matqkks
Does anyone know where I can find engineering exam questions on the web. I am trying to do a survey of various questions from different universities.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Just on Googling you can find a lots of sample questions solved and unsolved.

I am trying to solve an equation that involves sum series and the unknown is the number of times i have to add, this is easy to solve just by guessing when the number of additions is small, but if it gets large... is there any analytic way to solve this kind of equations?

form:

sum (e^n) from n b to x = a;

@diegojolin: find a closed expression for the sum(e^k), from 0 (or 1) to n.
then equate it to the known sum then solve for n.

Oks, thanks, I've tried and at least the computer seems to work faster this way

1. What is engineering mathematics?

Engineering mathematics is a branch of applied mathematics that combines mathematical concepts and techniques with engineering principles to solve practical problems in various fields of engineering.

2. Why is engineering mathematics important?

Engineering mathematics is important because it provides the foundation for understanding and solving complex engineering problems. It helps engineers develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and provides a framework for analyzing and designing engineering systems.

3. What topics are covered in engineering mathematics?

Engineering mathematics covers a wide range of topics, including calculus, differential equations, linear algebra, complex analysis, probability and statistics, numerical methods, and optimization. It also includes applications of these topics in various fields of engineering, such as mechanical, electrical, civil, and aerospace engineering.

4. How is engineering mathematics different from pure mathematics?

Engineering mathematics is focused on applying mathematical concepts and methods to solve practical engineering problems, while pure mathematics is more abstract and theoretical in nature. Engineering mathematics also involves the use of computational tools and software to solve complex problems, while pure mathematics relies on proofs and theoretical reasoning.

5. What are the benefits of studying engineering mathematics?

Studying engineering mathematics can benefit students in several ways. It can improve their problem-solving skills, critical thinking abilities, and mathematical reasoning. It can also provide a strong foundation for further studies in engineering or other related fields, and can lead to a wide range of career opportunities in various industries.