1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Notation

1. Mar 17, 2009 #1
    Can't get my head around them. Need help please.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 17, 2009 #2
    Seek textbook. Read thoroughly.

4. Mar 18, 2009 #3
    That isn't very helpfully to be honest.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  5. Mar 18, 2009 #4
    Nor is your initial statement. What notation? For what? With some information perhaps we could be of help.

6. Mar 19, 2009 #5

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I thought confinement's answer was perfect considering the question.

I see you're new here, so this is how things work: Ask (politely) a specific question, give it some time, and you'll get some fantastic responses from academic/industrial experts, professionals and students from a huge variety of backgrounds. Ask a very vague question, and we'll really struggle to find an answer.

7. Mar 20, 2009 #6
    Fair enough, I was just wondering if anyone could be helpful enough to give me some tips on how to work out engineering notations since I'm very inexperienced in using notations.

8. Mar 20, 2009 #7
  9. Mar 20, 2009 #8
    why would you want to get your head around them at the first place?? its almost enough to remember a few of them, you can look for them on the cover page of most books anyways

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook