1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering or Computing Sc. or I.T.?

1. Feb 9, 2009 #1
    Hello.

I have finished high school. I topped the country (FIJI) with a mark of 372/400. My preferred subjects are Maths and Physics but I am also very passionate with computing, day to day general computing that is. Also good with computer hardware (good compared to people of my age in my community).

I cannot seem to be able to decide which field to enter - Engineering or Computing Sc. or Information Technology/Information Systems. I do not like the business concepts and thus try to stay away from Information Systems but I like the computing part of it - the networking, the servers, the whole hardware scenario.

I like the idea of Engineering where I get to further develop my Maths and Physics skills but people around me tell me that my computing experience/knowledge/passion will go to a waste considering it won't help my career much in Engineering. I do not like programming either and thus think that Comp Sc. is out for me.

Am sorry for sounding so confused, because actually I am. I cannot seem to be able to find my interests and a field where I may be able to use the skills that I have without compromising on interest.

Any response regarding this will be appreciated. Please excuse my vagueness. Thank you.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted