1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Physics or Chemical Engineering?

1. Apr 3, 2012 #1
    I plan to attend Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, beginning next fall, but am having trouble deciding on a major.
    I was accepted as a Chemical Engineering major, but am now having some second thoughts. Throughout high school, physics has by far been the most interesting type of science to me, and I am really a more "math-minded" person. I would like some help on deciding which I should go for, and I already know that Chemical Engineering will typically pay more. However, I don't know which I should go for based on my interests. Please give any degree and job advice you can.

P.S. Rose-Hulman has approximately a 99% job or graduate school placement rate, so I shouldn't really have a problem with getting somewhere directly following my completion of a Bachelor's degree.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted