1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering physics?what is it?

1. Jan 26, 2012 #1
    I'm trying to decide what i might to to major in. One of my first picks was engineering physics since I love physics and mathematics :) but my main concern is I don't know what it actually is and what I can do with such a degree. Thanks for the replies! I also heard there are also sub fields within that I can go into if I was to take this route.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 28, 2012 #2
    Its a less specific kind of engineering, more like applied physics. Has more general rather than specialized physics courses(Consider it a combination of physics, mec and electrical engineering) Just make sure if you are taking it that you are into the applied engineering 'problem-solving' mindset because thats where it differs from pure physics.
    You can later on specialize in any form of engineering easily and buy yourself time if you are confused about what to specialize in.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook