1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Physics?

1. Apr 12, 2013 #1
    Hello all,

I am currently in the Physics BS program at my school and I really want to also get the Certificate they offer in Engineering Physics. My advisor, though, is quite scatterbrained and every time I see him he needs to be reminded of what I'm doing, etc., etc...

Consequently, I am looking for some advice on what classes to take to get this certificate as it is extremely flexible. I need to take 5 engineering courses and a capstone design course on top of my major requirements, so I was wondering what people believe will compliment the major best, give me a good introduction into the field, and give me some valuable skills and knowledge.

For the Physics BS, I will be taking:

Calc I, II, III
    Differential Equations
    Intro Physics 1 & 2
    Modern Physics
    Mathematical Methods for Physics
    Optics w/ Lab
    Electronics w/ Lab
    Theoretical Mechanics 1
    Electricity & Magnetism 1
    Quantum Mechanics 1
    And the second course in one of the previous 3

So, with that in mind, what would everyone recommend in terms of getting a good grounding in Engineering / Engineering Physics with a brief 5-7 courses?

Thanks!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted