1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Physics

1. May 28, 2014 #1
    Hello all! :D I am going into my third year (second year in major) in university working towards a four year bachelor's degree majoring in physics. I talked to a prof/advisor about transferring into engineering physics and he encouraged me to transfer but procrastination and laziness got the best of me and I didn't end up getting accepted :(

Luckily, I am able to continue taking classes which will transfer over into EP but I feel terrible about my second year grades and I'm not sure what to do. My parents are putting a lot of pressure on me because they don't want to waste money on my education and I feel like I let them down because I didn't get into the college.

I am also worried that I won't be able to get into grad school later on because of my bad grades. I'm hoping I can retake my mechanics I and a probability stats class to improve my mark...

Any advice or comments are greatly appreciated!

2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2014 #2
    As I hear it, bad grades can be offset by good letters of recommendation, etc, when applying for Grad School.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook