1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Physics

Tags:
  1. Jul 25, 2015 #1
    Is engineering physics a good field? I've heard a lot that they find it hard to find jobs because engineers think of them as physicists and physicists think of them as engineers.
    How is the job market? What does an engineering physicist actually do?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 25, 2015 #2
    I take it we're not talking Princeton Engineering Physics.

Reputation matters, especially if it's not an ABET accredited program.

4. Jul 26, 2015 #3
    What about Canadian schools such as U of T?

5. Sep 17, 2015 #4
    Hi, I'm a student studying Engineering Physics in Indonesia for a bachelors degree
    from what I heard so far, It's hard to find a company who want's to hire a physics engineer since most of the recruitors are psychologist and they do not understand what physics engineer do. but once you get a job, It is easy to impress your boss and get a promotion, since you can bridge between other engineers.

for example,

one of my university project is making a solar car, the job is dominated by mechanical engineer, but they do need an electrician to be able to use the car, but they never choose an electrical engineer, they use physics engineer to do their job, since physics engineer can correlate between mechanical engineer and electrical engineer

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook