1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Project

1. Dec 6, 2009 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I am doing a Project that involves taking a failed design .and coming up with new designs
    the designs then have to be drawn up on solidworks. I am a mature student who has been out of school for a while, and I am not too familiar with projects. I am going ok, but the lecturers do not want to give to much away.

As I am sure many of you guys have done alot of projects before. Is there a format I should be using. Like Introduction first. basically what areas do i need to cover. any input is greatly appreciated

2. Relevant equations
    This is the basics of the projects
    Research technology used in current design and elsewhere
    Describe the good & bad
    Draw up specification

Sketch Designs
    Draw up Designs on solidworks and explain techniques used

take into account effect on other parts from the new design

3. The attempt at a solution
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 15, 2009 #2
    A good project report reads compellingly like a good story, with a beginning, middle and (hopefully, happy) end. You need to build the beads to thread onto the string and then have connecting pieces, such as 'what I decided to do next, and why'. I think you have made a good start. Keep it simple and keep going.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook