1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering related publication

1. Feb 9, 2016 #1
    Hello everyone,I am a mechanical engineering student and yesterday I convinced my professor to work on a project where it will be published in a journal about one year from now.I really don't know where to start as there are countless of highy-respected researches at top universities such as ETH,Stanford etc.I would really appreciate it if someone could guide me, and maybe if possible to write down some possible topics .Thanks in advance!

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 9, 2016 #2

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

This is a discussion to have with the professor.

You don't start by saying "I'm going to publish a paper." You start with a problem. You work on it. And if you find something novel that others in the scientific or engineering community would find interesting, then your write it up and submit it for publication.

4. Feb 18, 2016 #3
    Your professor will be able to recommend once you get closer to the point of publishing. A lot of time you present at some conferences before a peer reviewed major publication.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook