1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Science at U of T

1. Jun 23, 2012 #1
    Hi everybody,

I was wondering if I could get into engsci at U of T. I'm currently going into grade 12 and I feel as if I'm at a disadvantage. My school is extra hard which makes my marks lower than the average student at a regular school.

I've already taken grade 12 advanced functions and got a 93% in it but my grade 11 marks are less than exceptional. Bio low 70's, Chem low/mid 80's, physics mid 80's.

Next year I'm taking AP physics and AP Calc next year. Will U of T see that? and my school has a reputation of being hard. will they take that into account or not? next year my hard courses are physics calc and chem.

has anyone been in the same boat? I get so angry when kids tell be they have a 95% in physics when they're learning incredibly basic physics throughout the year while I'm struggling with university physics that isn't even in the curriculum. I'm confident that I would have those marks if I were taking their course

help

I also live just an hour's drive outside of toronto

any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

baouba

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 23, 2012 #2
    Taking AP classes will show on your transcript, and would look good.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook