Does U of T Engineering Science Consider School Difficulty in Admissions?

In summary: Your school being difficult will also be taken into account. However, it's important to focus on your own achievements and not compare yourself to others. It's also important to seek advice and support when needed. In summary, the person is asking for advice on getting into engsci at U of T, despite struggling with difficult courses and feeling at a disadvantage compared to other students. They mention taking AP classes and living outside of Toronto. They are looking for reassurance and advice.
baouba
Hi everybody,

I was wondering if I could get into engsci at U of T. I'm currently going into grade 12 and I feel as if I'm at a disadvantage. My school is extra hard which makes my marks lower than the average student at a regular school.

I've already taken grade 12 advanced functions and got a 93% in it but my grade 11 marks are less than exceptional. Bio low 70's, Chem low/mid 80's, physics mid 80's.

Next year I'm taking AP physics and AP Calc next year. Will U of T see that? and my school has a reputation of being hard. will they take that into account or not? next year my hard courses are physics calc and chem.

has anyone been in the same boat? I get so angry when kids tell be they have a 95% in physics when they're learning incredibly basic physics throughout the year while I'm struggling with university physics that isn't even in the curriculum. I'm confident that I would have those marks if I were taking their course

help

I also live just an hour's drive outside of toronto

any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

baouba

Physics news on Phys.org
Taking AP classes will show on your transcript, and would look good.

1. What is the curriculum like for Engineering Science at U of T?

The curriculum for Engineering Science at U of T is a rigorous and interdisciplinary program that focuses on a strong foundation in math, physics, and engineering principles. Students also have the opportunity to specialize in a specific engineering discipline such as mechanical, electrical, or chemical engineering.

2. How long does it take to complete the Engineering Science program at U of T?

The Engineering Science program at U of T is a four-year program, which includes a combination of academic courses, laboratory work, and design projects. However, students can also choose to extend their program by one year to complete a research thesis or gain practical experience through a co-op placement.

3. What sets the Engineering Science program at U of T apart from other engineering programs?

The Engineering Science program at U of T is unique in its interdisciplinary approach, which allows students to gain a broad understanding of various engineering disciplines. Additionally, the program is highly research-focused, with opportunities for students to work on cutting-edge projects and gain hands-on experience through internships and co-op placements.

4. Are there any opportunities for hands-on learning in the Engineering Science program at U of T?

Yes, there are many opportunities for hands-on learning in the Engineering Science program at U of T. Students have access to state-of-the-art facilities and labs, and they also have the chance to work on design projects and research with faculty and industry partners. Additionally, there are opportunities for internships and co-op placements to gain practical experience in their chosen field.

5. What career paths can I pursue with a degree in Engineering Science from U of T?

A degree in Engineering Science from U of T can open up a wide range of career opportunities in various industries, including aerospace, automotive, biotechnology, energy, and more. Graduates can also pursue higher education through graduate studies or enter the workforce as engineers, consultants, project managers, and researchers.