Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Science at U of T

1. Jun 23, 2012 #1
    Hi everybody,

I was wondering if I could get into engsci at U of T. I'm currently going into grade 12 and I feel as if I'm at a disadvantage. My school is extra hard which makes my marks lower than the average student at a regular school.

I've already taken grade 12 advanced functions and got a 93% in it but my grade 11 marks are less than exceptional. Bio low 70's, Chem low/mid 80's, physics mid 80's.

Next year I'm taking AP physics and AP Calc next year. Will U of T see that? and my school has a reputation of being hard. will they take that into account or not? next year my hard courses are physics calc and chem.

has anyone been in the same boat? I get so angry when kids tell be they have a 95% in physics when they're learning incredibly basic physics throughout the year while I'm struggling with university physics that isn't even in the curriculum. I'm confident that I would have those marks if I were taking their course

help

I also live just an hour's drive outside of toronto

any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

baouba

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 23, 2012 #2
    Taking AP classes will show on your transcript, and would look good.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook