1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Technology with a Physics minor? Is this useful?

1. Feb 16, 2012 #1
    Engineering Technology with a Physics minor? Is this useful??

I am a junior in college, just transferred to a community college for Electrical Engineering Technology, and I can transfer my A.S. to another institute to do a degree in Applied Electronics Engineering. It is a technical degree, but I have an additional 18 general elective hours that I can use for anything. I've thought about minoring in physics, because that's what I really love and enjoy learning about. Since I've already got two years of previous core classes, there are holes in the semester course curriculum that I can fill. I'm filling it with math, chemistry, and physics classes. So, when I go on to the 4 year college I will already have that under my belt. Now, the real question comes in at will a physics minor be useful for my career? I'm planning on going to get a second Bachelor's degree later on, possibly a Master's, in Engineering and/ or Physics. The classes the physics minor offer are, of course, Gen. Physics I & II, Modern Physics, Electromagnetism I & II, and Quantum Physics I & II. Thanks guys.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted