1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Thermodynamics

1. Nov 11, 2013 #1
    Hey Everyone,

As it turns out my institution offers a Thermodynamics class, but only from an engineering perspective. I am a physics major and was wondering if this class was worth taking. I already have a moderately rigorous course load and this was going to be my last class but now I am starting to think that I shouldn't take it. Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 11, 2013 #2
    Does the physics department not offer a thermal physics/intro to statistical mechanics course? If not, then yea the engineering course would be the next best thing, but note that it would be fairly different than a thermal physics course. The work load of the course would purely depend on the professor, but I don't think most students find thermodynamics to be their most difficult course.

A physics major should take some type of statistical mechanics/thermodynamics course before he/she graduates though.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook