1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering undergraduate research as a physics student

1. Jan 28, 2009 #1
    Hi everyone,
    I am physics student (junior), and I just signed up for a research project with an engineering lab (more or less common at my school) There's a lot of other undergrads working there, but no-one else from physics. (it's mostly biomed-E students) So far it's starting out pretty quick, and although i think i've been able to follow/remember most of the instructions, i don't really know HOW well i'm doing compared to how much i'm expected to pick up. My question is: what kinds of things do engineering students learn compared to physics students that might show up? Has anyone else had a similar experience? Did you have difficulties with anything in particular (i.e. other students already knew how to use all the different types of equipment/never made mistakes in mixing chemicals/etc.)? What should I watch out for/take extra time with learning?
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted