Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering undergraduate research as a physics student

1. Jan 28, 2009 #1
    Hi everyone,
    I am physics student (junior), and I just signed up for a research project with an engineering lab (more or less common at my school) There's a lot of other undergrads working there, but no-one else from physics. (it's mostly biomed-E students) So far it's starting out pretty quick, and although i think i've been able to follow/remember most of the instructions, i don't really know HOW well i'm doing compared to how much i'm expected to pick up. My question is: what kinds of things do engineering students learn compared to physics students that might show up? Has anyone else had a similar experience? Did you have difficulties with anything in particular (i.e. other students already knew how to use all the different types of equipment/never made mistakes in mixing chemicals/etc.)? What should I watch out for/take extra time with learning?

2. jcsd
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted