Celebrating Engineers Week: Inspiring the Next Generation of Engineers

• Thread starter gleem
  • Start date
In summary, EWeek was founded in 1951 by NSPE and is dedicated to promoting engineering and technology careers. It is now a coalition of over 70 societies and 50 corporations and government agencies. EWeek also aims to raise awareness of engineers' contributions to society and encourage young people to pursue engineering careers through events and outreach programs.
gleem
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
"Founded by NSPE in 1951, EWeek (February 17–23, 2019) is dedicated to ensuring a diverse and well-educated future engineering workforce by increasing understanding of and interest in engineering and technology careers.

Today, EWeek is a formal coalition of more than 70 engineering, education, and cultural societies, and more than 50 corporations and government agencies. Dedicated to raising public awareness of engineers' positive contributions to quality of life, EWeek promotes recognition among parents, teachers, and students of the importance of a technical education and a high level of math, science, and technology literacy, and motivates youth, to pursue engineering careers in order to provide a diverse and vigorous engineering workforce. Each year, EWeek reaches thousands of schools, businesses, and community groups across the U.S."https://www.nspe.org/resources/partners-and-state-societies/national-engineers-week

Likes anorlunda
Engineering news on Phys.org
Apparently the students in my department were cooking a free pancake breakfast as part of e-week for the other students but didn't bother to tell the faculty, so I had just eaten breakfast before leaving the house and didn't get any. As a lowly assistant professor, I still jump at the opportunity for free food.

1. What is Engineers Week?

Engineers Week is an annual event that celebrates the contributions of engineers to society and promotes engineering as a career path.

2. When is Engineers Week?

Engineers Week is typically held during the third full week of February. In 2020, it will take place from February 17-23.

3. Who can participate in Engineers Week?

Engineers Week is open to everyone, including students, educators, engineers, and the general public. There are events and activities geared towards different age groups and interests.

4. What types of events and activities are held during Engineers Week?

During Engineers Week, there are a variety of events and activities that showcase the different fields of engineering and engage participants in hands-on learning experiences. These may include workshops, competitions, career fairs, and more.

5. How can I get involved in Engineers Week?

There are many ways to get involved in Engineers Week, such as attending events, volunteering, or organizing your own event. You can also show your support by sharing information about Engineers Week on social media and encouraging others to participate.