1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Enginners Without Borders?

1. Jan 21, 2009 #1
    I have finally decided on Civil Engineering (with a concentration in water resources engineering), and want to spend some time developing clean water resources for people in need.

Until just a short time ago I did not know this organization existed, so I was wondering if anyone has any experience with EWB. I think it would be an amazing opportunity to start a career working in non-profit engineering.

So, if you have experience with EWB or have any engineering volunteer work under your belt I would like to hear what project you worked on, where it was, and how you felt about your experience.

2. jcsd
  3. May 24, 2009 #2
    I worked on 2 projects and lead another. One of the most personally rewarding experiences in my life. It will give you solid leadership experience and let you experience parts of the world the way the locals experience it and not like a tourist. It's not super technical though so don't expect to gain lots of technical know-how. The technologies implemented on the projects are supposed to be simple and easy to use so that the projects are sustainable and the communities can maintain whatever you help put in.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?