England is wet

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
No snow here, but my bf is stuck across the other side of town at work with a rather large flood in between us...

Evo

Mentor
We're supposed to get more snow in a few hours. :frown:

I thought of hypatia's post just briefly today. I went out to refill my large cylindrical metal bird feeder with seeds, and my skin was damp because I had just finished doing the dishes. My skin stuck to the feeder, though I was able to pry my hand off without losing any skin. At least the feeder is removable, so I could have taken it into the house to thaw if necessary. It would have been pretty embarrassing getting frozen to something that was firmly attached to the house, flagging down passers-by for help.:redface:
Plus the ribbing from your wife, Honey is that a bird feeder in your lap or are you just happy to see me?

turbo

Gold Member
Plus the ribbing from your wife, Honey is that a bird feeder in your lap or are you just happy to see me?
Well, counting the pointy copper cap, it's over 20 inches long, so she couldn't have used that one on me. :rofl: I did get a bit of a flash-back (your post and Christmas Story), thinking "STUCK! STUCK!"

This thread makes me glad I am not enduring the winter now. And even in the winter it rarely snows here (Hamilton, New Zealand).