England vs Ecuador: 0-0 Score at Half Time

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
In summary, England played poorly in the first half but managed to win in the end. There were controversies with substitutions and the goalkeeper, but the team has potential.
Im too young to remember many world cups, but some football legend (can't remember who but was brazilian) said that the team that wins the world cup very rarely plays well until the latter stages of the tournemant. To be honest apart from the one mistake made by the england back four that let tenoirio through, equador never looked like they where going to score.

Fingers crossed Frank Lampard starts hitting the target, if he starts scoring we will win the world cup.

Physics news on Phys.org
ukmicky said:
One of these teams will win it.
Argentina ,germany or england

Dissaggree.. France could do it, actually any team that is still in, is a potential winner... I think it will be a European team.

Joe Cole reminds me a lot of Gilespie (Ex-Newcastle) direct tricky player, but he is no ginola (best french player never to play for france).. Cole is a good player, not lucky but solid.. But IMO he is no where near the best in the England squad. Typically people who only watch a few games of football a year will come out with these statements, they see some tricky footwork and think wooow...

One of these teams will win it.
Argentina ,germany or england

:rofl: Where on Earth did Brazil go?

Where on Earth did Brazil go?
Brazil defence is crap.. But I wouldnt write them off

Last edited:
The winning team will have the best defence.

Struck me last night...

I thought Brazil play a good back 4.

Key is to have your wing-backs (full-backs) pushing forward. If they don't, you'll get caught out in the middle with them playing people onside when the centre-backs are stepping forward.

iirc, the Germans have problems keeping this back 4 tight.

Missed the French game, but with Gallas and Silvestre next to him in the middle I doubt they have this trouble.

I think England will have no problems if Neville comes back - also adds the link up play to Becks.

All in all, it's sorting itself out.

Normal service - all the usual teams through, with Spain and the Dutch falling short again :biggrin:

(And on defence, Argies may fall short with the fitness of Heinze)

Missed the French game, but with Gallas and Silvestre next to him in the middle I doubt they have this trouble.
Yeap no problems, France controlled the game from the back

Just a self-defense

Anttech said:
Brazil defence is crap.. But I wouldnt write them off

The english people said the exact last thing last world cup when they were up against them. Look what happened.

I still can't believe you're putting Brazil off the world cup. As it looks now, I don't see any team realistically catching up with Brazil, with argentina coming only a tiny bit close

I didnt write them off...:confused:

NateTG said:
To be fair, Klinsman, Brehme, Matthäus, and Völler were all playing in Italy at the time.
Yes, but that goes for Brazil, Argentina, top French players as well...Point is that germany won the WCup in a foreign country and that is all there is too it. This example was just to counter one of Anntech's immature Germany bashing "arguments" that are based upon personal dislike.

marlon

Bladibla said:
The english people said the exact last thing last world cup when they were up against them. Look what happened.

I still can't believe you're putting Brazil off the world cup. As it looks now, I don't see any team realistically catching up with Brazil, with argentina coming only a tiny bit close
Ofcourse, you are completely right. Any one saying that Brazil is a crappy team or has crappy defense or offense or whatever is just full of s**t. Abviously, one should not take into account such hollow remarks because they clearly contradict with obtained results and that is the ONLY thing that matters : OBTAINING HONEST RESULTS. Not, playing like a fool like the Italians.

marlon

Brazil are weak in defence. Their upcoming game against France should really test them.

Last edited:
marlon said:
Any one saying that Brazil is a crappy team or has crappy defense or offense or whatever is just full of s**t.

You're not thinking logically, Marlon. You're correct in saying that by claiming Brazil is a crap team in defence or offence, people are quite clearly contradicting themselves. However, have you watched Brazil in their last game against Ghana? Their defence cracked and Ghana should have had scored. Furthermore, they haven't really played against any threatening team.

Last edited:
DM said:
You're not thinking logically, Marlon. You're correct in saying that by claiming Brazil is a crap team in defence or offence, people are quite clearly contradicting themselves. However, have you watched Brazil in their last game against Ghana? Their defence cracked and Ghana should have had scored. Furthermore, they haven't really played against any threatening team.
True

marlon

DM said:
Brazil are weak in defence. Their upcoming game against France should really test them.

Point proven