Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

English forums?

1. Dec 26, 2005 #1
    I am interested in a forums similar to 'physics forum', but has more to do with the English language. I am looking to find a forum to help me with my english HW.
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 26, 2005 #2
  4. Dec 26, 2005 #3

I am not sure if they are good, but they are probably worth a shot.
  5. Dec 26, 2005 #4

Staff: Mentor

Oh dear. Well, I'm sure they have good intentions. :bugeye:

I hope this thread I just read isn't typical.

question from member -
    Does anyone knows meaning of 'intruigue'

Somtimes I can see someone using this word 'intruiged'. I think this mean is same as 'intrigued'. Am I right? and which one is correct? intruiged or intrigued.

Answer from ADVANCED MEMBER - Nona the Brit -

Probably - they just can't spell.

6. Dec 26, 2005 #5
    I think bush could use those forums:

From wikipedia:

...sigh curious George.....
  7. Dec 26, 2005 #6
    Here's another great thread title from this site:

8. Dec 26, 2005 #7
    To be fair, I think the forum is to teach english to non native speakers.
  9. Dec 26, 2005 #8
    Yes, I'm just being irritable.

The quality of the mentorship seems to have gone up since I joined but the quality of the members has taken a steep nose dive. I have no idea why, but the place only seems to be attracting highly discombobulated people lately.

It used to be that really a really cool new person showed up at least once a week, and they'd stick around. Now it seems like some really irritating new person shows up once a week and sticks around.
  10. Dec 27, 2005 #9

Gold Member

Why don't you guys post your questions in the History & Humanities forum here at PF? I so could have answered meteor's question.

Is your class about the English language or about English literature and history? If it's about language, I should be able to help you with all parts of it.
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2005
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?