Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

English Grammer Help

1. Sep 14, 2008 #1
    Hello,

I need help in the english language. I wrote for my homepage this sentence and I am not sure as I wrote it correct or wrong. My english is still in childrens boots.

Here is it:

Thanks a lot.
    greeting
    Herbststurm

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 14, 2008 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's not correct English, but I'm not sure how to help fix it, because the words that are problematic don't make enough sense to me to suggest better alternatives.

"conspectus"
    "cognizant"

They make no sense in the context, so I think you've just chosen wrong words. But, as I said, that makes it hard to suggest alternatives since I'm not sure what you meant to say.

"privat" should be "private" At least I can help with that much. :smile:

4. Sep 14, 2008 #3

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

Below is a general outline of Physics. Pick a topic of interest. I am always looking for high quality subject material suitable for private study.

5. Sep 14, 2008 #4

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Try posting the way you would write it in German. There are probably some people here who know enough of both German and English that they can suggest improvements.

6. Sep 14, 2008 #5
    I don't think that's below.

Go to the physics sites and see what they have in "About Us" section ...

7. Sep 14, 2008 #6

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

Ok above then. I have no idea what page he is translating or the context of where his outline is. Feel free to translate it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?