What Bin Are You Referring to in English Lingo?

• Thread starter Andy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    English
In summary: As for Australian's, I think they are just as bad as Americans. They think that their accent is the best in the world.

Which language do you prefer?

• English

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • American

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Andy
a bin of what? us americans don't understand your english lingo. but if you're talking about a trash-bin, i would cut out eye holes and paint a cheery face on it. i could make myself very handsom.

My English lingo! what other type of Bin is there i can only think of one and that's Bin laden! And if you americans can't understand my English lingo then how comes mentat could understand it?

Physics news on Phys.org
hey, i understood it well enough to respond, didn't i?

and i put i prefer the english lingo because it's funny! say something else funny, funny-man!

Purple monkey dishwasher!

Originally posted by Andy
Purple monkey dishwasher!

that's just not funny...

you just don't get it do you, it was never intended to be funny, so you thinking that i was trying to be funny when i was actually being completely random is what's funny.

how about color or sidewalk, they're funny. u know why cus they show how intelligent the americans are. things have to be explained to them and not have any complications. but hang on what about football
our (proper) version involves using ure feet whenever possible. their version involves kicking it to the other side (thats dumb) or when u haven't got the skill to get it over the line (or into the'end zone') and u have to aim at an upside down goal. at least rugby doest call itself summink it aint.

America is dumb. they elected george bush what more proof do you need

'hail to the theif!'
(radiohead fans will undersand)

Personally, I think that English (no matter what "lingo" is used) is an insult to languages. It is the fecal matter of the human mind's ability to be creative.

I study lots of languages, and I've never seen one that was as pathetic as English (no offense to anyone, I'm just making an observation).

Good point Mentat i much prefer spanish, can't stand french, but one thing that is mroe pathetic than english is that so many other countries use it, and completely screw it up just like you americans with your color and as for the australians don't get me started on the australians!

Originally posted by cmdr_sponge
America is dumb. they elected george bush what more proof do you need

i must admit, i'd think we were dumb too. and most of us are anyways. most of us, mind you! not all. i be very smart!

p.s. i dislike both our types of football.

and mentat, if you hate english so much, let's choose another language to speak on the forums.

Last edited:
i agree english is basic but there was no need to make it simpler was there? (cept 4 on the net cus its just pln quikr 2 wrt lik ths)

Good point Mentat i much prefer spanish, can't stand french, but one thing that is mroe pathetic than english is that so many other countries use it, and completely screw it up just like you americans with your color and as for the australians don't get me started on the australians!

we screw it up with our color? what the flying f*** is that supposed to mean? are you saying you think our acents are ugly? even californian? (but i don't have an accent, naturally)

i once asked a spanish speaker what they thought of americans trying an spanish language, and he said that we make it sound good. I've always thought that french accents sound good, along with spanish. (and some others)
english accents are okay. (i can immitate one rather well actually)

i agree english is basic but there was no need to make it simpler was there? (cept 4 on the net cus its just pln quikr 2 wrt lik ths)

it may seem plain to me or you, but to someone trying to learn it, it's just plain nutty.

personally i was talkin about the complexity of the lingo, ie, masculine and feminine (possibly neutral) tenses. I'm pretty sure that others were too. obviously a subtle point missed on an obtuse mind

(i think we have him a little pissed off)

personally i was talkin about the complexity of the lingo, ie, masculine and feminine (possibly neutral) tenses. I'm pretty sure that others were too. obviously a subtle point missed on an obtuse mind

(i think we have him a little pissed off)

actually, I'm fine. you're right, i completely missed that.

we screw it up with our color? what the flying f*** is that supposed to mean?

That is supposed to mean that Color is spelt Colour but you americans thought you would change it because you found it too hard to spell!

That is supposed to mean that Color is spelt Colour but you americans thought you would change it because you found it too hard to spell!

And I suppose you think that "center" should be spelt "centre"? And that a cookie is a biscuit and a truck is "lorry" (probably spelt that wrong)?

Last edited:

whoa, whoa... we're getting a little cultural offencive here. (or maybe not, it's hard to tell without vocal intonations or at least smilies.

Originally posted by maximus
i must admit, i'd think we were dumb too. and most of us are anyways. most of us, mind you! not all. i be very smart!

p.s. i dislike both our types of football.

and mentat, if you hate english so much, let's choose another language to speak on the forums.

Can you speak another language?

Besides, English serves my purpose here on the PFs well enough. So, I don't think I should petition Greg to change the common language of the PFs.

Originally posted by Mentat
Can you speak another language?

only one other. and that only barely, I'm in accel. spanish 2

And I suppose you think that "center" should be spelt "centre"? And that a cookie is a buscuit and a truck is "lorry" (probably spelt that wrong)?

Yes CENTRE should be spelt this way because it is the proper way of spelling it! you managed to get lorry right (well done) but buscuit you must be having a laugh! you got the harder bit correct and the easiest bit wrong its spelt Biscuit. (i say the harder bit when even that is very easy to spell)

is anyone else surprised how fast this became 2 pages?

actually we have cookies, we even call some of them american cookies. a cookie is used in reference to a rough form of one of our biscuits. the term biscuits is more reserved for a more refined well managed version.

ps is both side having culture a prerequisite to being cultrally offesive? cus we have years of it

Very!

...buscuit...

an innocent mistake...

is anyone else surprised how fast this became 2 pages?

not when it involves national pride, i think this thread is likely to deteriorate into racism, which is fine if u like that kind of thing, but I'm not sure the powers that be would let it carry on

ps is both side having culture a prerequisite to being cultrally offesive? cus we have years of it

maybe for some, but i for one love british culture and find it interesting. i apoligize if I've offended.

you haven't offended me, i have been laughing at this but someone will probably read this and get very offended and in turn get very offensive which will then start a viscious circle of offensiveness which will lead to this topic being locked.

only one other. and that only barely, I'm in accel. spanish 2

Cool. That was my first language.

Yes CENTRE should be spelt this way because it is the proper way of spelling it! you managed to get lorry right (well done) but buscuit you must be having a laugh! you got the harder bit correct and the easiest bit wrong its spelt Biscuit. (i say the harder bit when even that is very easy to spell)

What are you talking about (see the post that you are referring to, but ignore the little words in italics ).

I also speak a little spanish, i have studied it for 1 year so its very limited at the moment as you might have if you had read the thread that was typed in spanish, but i would like to become fluent spanish speaker.

not when it involves national pride, i think this thread is likely to deteriorate into racism, which is fine if u like that kind of thing, but I'm not sure the powers that be would let it carry on

I'm sorry that we ever wandered into such a discussion. i mean no offence.

I also speak a little spanish, i have studied it for 1 year so its very limited at the moment as you might have if you had read the thread that was typed in spanish, but i would like to become fluent spanish speaker.

that's unusual. i thought most british took french, as france is much closer. what modivated you to learn spanish?

Cool. That was my first language.

your first? how many do you speak?

i did french for 5 years but never bothered to pay attention in lessons and that's because i can't stand the french! and i needed another subject to study at college and spanish look pretty cool so i took it, i also got to go to barcelona which was pretty cool.

i did french for 5 years but never bothered to pay attention in lessons and that's because i can't stand the french! and i needed another subject to study at college and spanish look pretty cool so i took it, i also got to go to barcelona which was pretty cool.

you hate the french? that's a strong statement! have you heard that in america some want to switch the name of French Fries (i think you call them chips) into Freedom Fries, becuase the french didn't support us in the war?