What Bin Are You Referring to in English Lingo?

• Thread starter Andy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    English
In summary: As for Australian's, I think they are just as bad as Americans. They think that their accent is the best in the world.

Which language do you prefer?

• English

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • American

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
And I suppose you think that "center" should be spelt "centre"? And that a cookie is a biscuit and a truck is "lorry" (probably spelt that wrong)?

Refering to the above statement i fail to see where the Italics can be found, (i have never used italics in this before so it better work!)

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Andy
Refering to the above statement i fail to see where the Italics can be found, (i have never used italics in this before so it better work!)

Well then I won't tell you about the tiny statement at the bottom that refers to my having edited my post...DOH!

if it wasn't so blatantly racist i would start a thread on them french weasels, desecrating our war graves , bastards. most english people do hate the frensh why do you think we are so against being in europe, its run for the the french and germans by the french and germans.

we (america and britain) faught to be independant TWICE and now our (british) government wants to give it back to the ppl we faught. dam europeans. we should launch a pre-emptive strike against them. hasn't france got some WMDs.

Originally posted by maximus
you hate the french? that's a strong statement! have you heard that in america some want to switch the name of French Fries (i think you call them chips) into Freedom Fries, becuase the french didn't support us in the war?

Maybe he meant he didn't like the French language? After all, that's the subject of the discussion (isn't it?).

Also, the term "French fry" refers to the fact that the potato is "frenched" (a cooking term for slicing into thin "finger-slices") before being "fried".

you hate the french? that's a strong statement! have you heard that in america some want to switch the name of French Fries (i think you call them chips) into Freedom Fries, becuase the french didn't support us in the war?

Well i say that i hate the French when really i should say that whenever i have spoken to a french person or seen a french person on the news they have always seemed arrogant about something, i could understand it apart from the fact that in all of the wars the English and the French have had we have kicked their arses more often than they managed to luckily scrape a narrow victory!

it appears to me as though they really hate the french people too!

Originally posted by Mentat
Also, the term "French fry" refers to the fact that the potato is "frenched" (a cooking term for slicing into thin "finger-slices") before being "fried".

i know, that's exacly why it's so funny that they want to change it. in sacramento there's this odd sign in front of a window to a liquir store that reads: NO FRENCH WINE! -phase one!

ne way back to the real subject wanting to change french fries to freedom fries is another example of our foolish language and how it is understood. people need to understand the language they speak. if french fries were really french wouldn't the frecnh call them french fries not frites.

was it really true that some one wanted to change hello to heaveno in america because they were worried about satanism.

mind u we culd be lookin to deaply into this. doesn't matter how u say it, its what u mean by it.

KEEP ENGLISH ENGLISH

Oi! You seem to have forgotten that Australians speak English, too. Why wasn't that put on the poll? With all the Aussies roaming around here, you're going to be in deep dickery-doo if one of them notices this!

Ah good point, it does say Mentors only next to the edit poll option and seeing as your a mentor why don't you add australian to the poll, or is there a way of doing it that i don't know about?

Why do the Australians make Castlemaine XXXX? what are the 4X's for can't you spell beer?

Originally posted by cmdr_sponge

was it really true that some one wanted to change hello to heaveno in america because they were worried about satanism.

i don't recall this. but that means little

Last edited by Mentat on 06-11-2003 at 11:27 PM

ah i didnt notice this, i was looking in the actual subject text for the italics not at the bottom of the reply, my humblest apolagies mentat.