ENS International Student selection - How to prepare?

In summary, congratulations on completing your last year of high school and setting your sights on Ecole Normale Supérieure! To prepare for the admissions process, familiarize yourself with its requirements, practice solving problems, utilize online resources, and consider seeking guidance from a tutor or mentor. Best of luck!
DieselBrain
Hi everyone,

I've completed my last year of high school and I want to start preparing for the selection to get in Ecole Normale Supérieure. Does anyone have any tips? I 've been training on IPho problems and pre IMO ones for a year now, to improve problem solving skills. Does anyone know if there's any websites where I can find material for international students that want to study for the admission?
Thank you

Likes TGV320
Physics news on Phys.org
for your post! Congratulations on completing your last year of high school and setting your sights on Ecole Normale Supérieure. I can understand your desire to continually improve your problem-solving skills and prepare for the admission process. Here are a few tips and resources that may be helpful to you:

1. Familiarize yourself with the admissions process: It's important to understand the specific requirements and criteria for admission to Ecole Normale Supérieure. This will give you a better idea of what to focus on in your preparation.

2. Practice solving problems: It sounds like you're already doing this by working on IPhO and pre-IMO problems. Keep up the good work! You may also want to try solving problems from previous entrance exams for Ecole Normale Supérieure, as these may give you a better idea of the types of questions that may be asked.

3. Utilize online resources: There are many websites that offer study materials and practice problems for international students preparing for entrance exams. One example is the website of the French Ministry of Education, which offers a variety of resources for students preparing for the ENS entrance exam.

4. Consider seeking guidance from a tutor or mentor: If you have access to a tutor or mentor who has experience with the admissions process for Ecole Normale Supérieure, they may be able to offer valuable insights and advice to help you prepare.

I wish you the best of luck in your preparation and in your future studies at Ecole Normale Supérieure!

1. What are the eligibility criteria for ENS International Student selection?

The eligibility criteria for ENS International Student selection vary depending on the specific program and institution. However, in general, applicants must have completed a relevant undergraduate degree, demonstrate strong academic performance, and meet any language proficiency requirements. Additionally, some programs may have specific requirements such as work experience or research experience.

2. How can I improve my chances of being selected for ENS International Student selection?

To improve your chances of being selected for ENS International Student selection, it is important to thoroughly research the program and institution you are applying to. Make sure you meet all the eligibility criteria and have a strong academic background. Additionally, it can be helpful to have relevant work or research experience, as well as strong letters of recommendation and a well-written personal statement.

3. What documents do I need to prepare for ENS International Student selection?

The specific documents required for ENS International Student selection will vary depending on the program and institution. In general, you will need to provide transcripts, proof of language proficiency, letters of recommendation, a personal statement, and a resume or CV. Make sure to carefully review the application requirements for the program you are interested in.

4. Can I apply for multiple ENS International Student selection programs?

Yes, you can apply for multiple ENS International Student selection programs. However, it is important to carefully consider your options and only apply to programs that you are genuinely interested in and meet the eligibility criteria for. Applying to too many programs can be overwhelming and may decrease your chances of being selected.

5. When should I start preparing for ENS International Student selection?

It is recommended to start preparing for ENS International Student selection at least 6-12 months before the application deadline. This will give you enough time to research programs, gather necessary documents, and prepare for any required standardized tests. It is also important to carefully review the application deadlines for each program and make sure to submit your application before the deadline.