1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Entanglement and the twin-slit

1. Sep 14, 2008 #1
    So, I've heard at least a couple of theories as to why individual photons continue to act as a wave as seen in the twin slit experiment, but none of them really seemed to lock down a specific answer.
    So please excuse my ignorant perspective on this when I theorize that the photons continue to follow a wave like pattern, though we are only able to observe one photon at a time and assume that it's a singular photon going through the slit, that there are actually multiple photons that we can't see in other dimensions, being projected as well.

I just find this more plausible than the theory of a singular photon deciding to skew one way or another without anything acting on it. What if between these 11 other dimensions there actually is a complete wave formed, even though we're only seeing one particle at a time?

Again, please excuse my child-like understanding of all this, I'm just fascinated by QP and this has been one that really made me scratch my head.

thanks

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 14, 2008 #2
    If this isn't the best forum for this, can a mod move it to one more appropriate?

4. Sep 14, 2008 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I am moving this to the Physics forum, but it will be posed as a question, not a personal theory, lest the thread be deleted.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook