Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Entanglement of heat & cold ?

1. Dec 3, 2005 #1
    I have a question, would QM predict an entanglement of heat and cold wavelengths made available to an observer ?
    At this thread link:
    https://www.physicsforums.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=844846: Thermoception is the sense by which an organism perceives temperature. In larger animals, most thermoception is done by the skin. The details of how temperature receptors work is still being investigated. Mammals have at least two types of sensor: those that detect heat (i.e. temperatures above body temperature) and those that detect cold (i.e. temperatures below body temperature).
    there is discussion of how the skin has distinct heat and cold receptors. But, what is being observed (perceived) by the receptors, separate heat and cold wavelengths, or some sort of entanglement :confused: Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area of the forum.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted