Are You Ready to Enter the Meatrix?

• Thread starter Ethereal
  • Start date
In summary, "The Meatrix" is a humorous parody with a serious message about supporting sustainable agriculture. It encourages viewers to buy meat from farms that follow sustainable practices, which can be found through the website. This can lead to better tasting meat and a more environmentally friendly choice. The conversation also touches on concerns about added water and sodium in store-bought meat and the importance of being selective in food choices.
Ethereal
http://www.themeatrix.com

A hilarious parody of a blockbuster with a sobering message.

Physics news on Phys.org
really neatrix !

Ok I wish I hadn't seen that. I've been feeling bad about eating meat anyway. At least I live in a place where free range meat is available.

Vega, no reason to feel bad about eating meat. That's not the message of that site. The message is to support sustainable agriculture. The cool thing about that site is if you follow the link after the movie, you can locate farms near where you live where you can buy meats raised according to sustainable practices. I found a farm near me...I had heard of the farm before, but didn't know they had a market there. I think I'll take a drive and check them out. If the meat tastes better and the farm is more environmentally friendly, I'm willing to pay a little more (though I can't afford to pay LOT more).

I've already started to be more selective about the chicken I buy. Though, that has less to do with choosing sustainable agriculture as it does protesting the added water to meat the big producers are using...read your labels...8% or 15% "retained" water or broth added to "enhance flavor." Sorry, but it's not enhancing the flavor (actually, it tastes worse to me), it's adding weight without adding meat so the price per pound stays low while you're still paying more because you're paying for 15% water weight rather than meat. Not to mention some are adding salt to the meat (broth and brine), so if you're someone who needs to be cautious of sodium intake, that will just make it harder to keep your sodium intake low.

Well this is not good since Americans don't eat carbs, so that leaves meat as the only option.

moo-phius! :rofl:

What is "Enter the Meatrix"?

"Enter the Meatrix" is an animated short film created by the non-profit organization, Sustainable Table, that aims to educate viewers about the negative impacts of factory farming on animals, the environment, and human health.

Who created "Enter the Meatrix"?

"Enter the Meatrix" was created by Sustainable Table in partnership with Free Range Studios, an award-winning creative agency.

What is the purpose of "Enter the Meatrix"?

The purpose of "Enter the Meatrix" is to raise awareness about the harmful practices of factory farming and encourage viewers to make more sustainable and ethical food choices.

Is "Enter the Meatrix" based on real facts?

Yes, "Enter the Meatrix" is based on real facts and statistics about the negative impacts of factory farming on animals, the environment, and human health. These facts are thoroughly researched and verified by Sustainable Table and other credible sources.

How can I watch "Enter the Meatrix"?

"Enter the Meatrix" is available to watch for free on the Sustainable Table website and on various online video platforms, such as YouTube and Vimeo. It can also be screened at events or educational settings upon request.