1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Entering U.S. Univ as foriegn student

1. May 19, 2005 #1
    undefined
    Can anyone in the forum please direct me to know whether GRE or TOEFl is the only criteria to enter into the US universities for doing a Ph.D.
    I am doing my masters in physics in the degree 'Master of Science(Physics)' in India.
    I want to do research on nanotechnology in any of the reputed universities.

Can US professors select students on their own without required GRE and TOEFL. Is there a procedure of this sort?

Thanking YOu in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. May 19, 2005 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

As far as I'm aware, the GRE and TOEFL are necessary; even if you are say, transferring from the Tata Institute (or something similar).

4. May 19, 2005 #3

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Make sure all your transcripts are in English and check whether you need to have the transcripts evaluated to US standards.. there is a company on the internet that has a good reputation for doing this, but I lost the address.

Found it already.. it is International Academic Credential Evaluation http://www.wes.org/

Last edited: May 19, 2005
  5. May 21, 2005 #4
    Thank you Monique, the website was very helpful.

6. May 21, 2005 #5

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm glad I could help :approve:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?