What Will Entertainment Look Like in the Year 2100?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Future
In summary, the conversation discusses the evolution of entertainment and how it has changed over the years. From vaudeville shows to reality TV to the potential of holographic interactive role playing in the future, the conversation explores the advancements in technology and the impact it has on entertainment. The possibility of virtual reality and its influence on our lives is also considered, with predictions of potential future forms of programming such as wall-size 3D entertainment and incorporating sensory technology into sports games. The conversation also touches on the idea of on-demand programming and the role of the internet in changing how we consume entertainment. The conversation concludes with a playful discussion about the potential of virtual reality to allow people to experience things beyond their own abilities and the desire to be a "super
Ivan Seeking said:
I can see virtual reality and reality merging into a new kind of semi-virtual world in which we will always be immersed.
For this to happen participation in the virtual part would have to allow people to maintain enough contact with reality to design, manufacture, and service the virtual aspects. I should think that would prevent this from going over a certain limit into complete fantasy. In general, if the constant immersion involved very much straying from reality we'd pretty quickly be invaded and taken over by the nearest third world country that couldn't aford this luxury. By which I mean Canada.

Physics news on Phys.org
Danger said:
A laminatedevildoll in every home... :tongue2:
You know what, that's the best idea I've read so far.

Back