Enthelpy Tables for various fuels

• Thread starter fkatzenb
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker is new to the site and is trying to create a spreadsheet for automotive science. They are asking for help with finding enthalpy tables for fuel combustion of various types of fuel. They have a basic table but need more data for different conditions. They are asking if anyone knows where to find this information online.
fkatzenb
Hi all!
I am rather new to the site and in addition, most of the topics I am messing with are outside of my schooling and experience as I am an electrical engineering and an automotive gear head. I am trying to further automotive science by creating a spreadsheet for combustion and power and other mumble jumble. Anway, I have done some posting under the following thread:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=571258

Alot of what I asked for I have had to do some baby steps to accomplish my cool spreadsheet. Anyway, what I need help is enthalpy tables for fuel combustion of gasoline (CnH1.87n), methanol, ethanol, and propane. I have a basic table for 295*K(?) and 1 atm. However user configuration of various geometric aspect and environment aspects don't conform to that. I need way more data. My pressures and temperatures can vary quite a bit. I need tables to look up the information, then extrapolate to meet the conditions. Where can I find the information? Is it online in a soft format that I could just cut and paste?

I appeciate any and all help! Thanks!

Frank

Chemistry news on Phys.org
crc handbook of chemistry and physics

Sorry to say it, but google would help.

1. What is an enthalpy table for fuels?

An enthalpy table for fuels is a chart that displays the specific enthalpy (or heat content) of various fuels at different temperatures and pressures. Enthalpy tables are used to calculate the amount of energy released or absorbed during a chemical reaction.

2. How is an enthalpy table useful in scientific research?

Enthalpy tables are useful in scientific research because they provide essential data on the energy content of different fuels. This information is necessary for understanding and predicting the behavior of fuels in different environments and for designing efficient energy systems.

3. What types of fuels are typically included in an enthalpy table?

Enthalpy tables can include a wide range of fuels, such as natural gas, coal, gasoline, diesel, and biomass. The specific fuels included in a table may vary depending on the source and intended use of the table.

4. How are enthalpy values in the table determined?

The enthalpy values in the table are typically determined through experiments or calculations using thermodynamic principles. The data is then compiled and organized into a table format for easy reference.

5. Can an enthalpy table be used for any type of fuel?

No, an enthalpy table is specific to the type of fuel being studied. Different fuels have different chemical compositions and therefore will have different enthalpy values at different temperatures and pressures. It is important to use the correct enthalpy table for the specific fuel being analyzed.